Estimator: Low Voltage Systems
Low Voltage Estimator - Commercial/Industrial (Abbotsford)
Located in Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada, Status Electrical Corporation (Status) has been an industry leader for over 35 years, employing hundreds of skilled and dedicated individuals with areas of expertise including industrial, institutional and commercial electrical, instrumentation and controls contracting. In addition to electrical contracting, we are renowned for our project management & design skills across all of our divisions including Security, Data Networks, Building Controls, and Electrical Preventative Maintenance.
About the position:
Currently, our Abbotsford office is searching for an experienced, energetic and driven Commercial, Industrial Low Voltage Estimator. The Commercial, Industrial Electrical Estimator performs a wide range of duties. He/she is responsible for the original estimate to win the job. Once the job has been won he/she is part of the team that is responsible for project handover, pre planning, and project follow up. This is a full time position, available immediately.
• 5+ years' experience in commercial low voltage (CCTV, Security, Structured Cabling, Nurse Call)
• Estimating Experience preferred
• Experience with Accubid estimating programs is an asset (Accubid Pro and Change Order)
• Strong attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Good computer skills including MS Office, Bluebeam
• Identify potential business opportunities
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers
• Estimate project costs, and submit tenders
• Estimate changes
• Work with the foreman and superintendent as a team to review the project documents and discuss labour requirements and staffing
• Review the project at completion with the foreman and superintendent to discuss successes, challenges, and help set benchmarks for future estimates.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
• Electrical Estimating: 2 years